Assistant Community Librarian
Auxiliary/On-Call (no guaranteed hours)
Southern Branches: Kaleden, Oliver, Okanagan Falls, Osoyoos, Keremeos, Hedley and Princeton
This position is covered under the CUPE Collective Agreement
The Okanagan Regional Library has vacancies for auxiliary/on-call Assistant Community Librarians at various Okanagan branches (listed above). On-call staff work on an “as needed” basis, often covering for the absences of regularly scheduled staff.
Education Grade 12 or equivalent
1. Basic knowledge of library procedures and services.
2. Basic knowledge of children’s literature
3. Good oral and written communication skills
4. Demonstrated knowledge of Internet
5. Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Word & Excel
6. Demonstrated knowledge of e-Readers and other electronic tools
7. Good organizational skills, with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
8. Aptitude for detailed work.
9. Demonstrated ability to communicate with initiative, courtesy, tact and interest with staff and all sectors of the public.
10. Physical ability to handle book bins, boxes of books and loaded book trucks
11. Basic knowledge of cash procedures
12. Keyboarding speed minimum 35 wpm
13. Commitment to continuous learning.
Please visit our website for more information and to view the job description for current job requirements and position details.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in this opportunity, please direct applications to:
Human Resources at the Okanagan Regional Library.
Please quote Competitions #21-68
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization; however, only short listed applicants will be contacted.
No categories have been created yet.