Notice for iPad/iPhone users: The latest version of the Rosetta Stone app for iOS devices, version 4.3, is temporarily not working. Technicians are aware of the issue and are working on resolving the problem. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Step 1. Click the following link to sign in to Rosetta Stone with your library card barcode and PIN code: Visit Rosetta Stone.
Step 2. On the Rosetta Stone sign in page, enter an email address, create a password to be used for Rosetta Stone, and select the language you wish to learn, then click Sign In. This account is used for helping you to keep track of your progress.
Step 3. Click Launch Rosetta Stone Language Lessons Version 3 from the Rosetta Stone admin page.
This admin page provides information on technical support, computer requirements, and reports to track your progress for all of the languages you are learning.
When you are launching a language course for the first time you will be asked a few questions.
1. Identify your type of voice, so that it can be used in the pronunciation portions of the course.
2. Select a course for your chosen language, there are several to choose from with different duration times, and can focus on either reading and writing, or listening and speaking. Click Apply Changes to begin your course.
You'll be brought to the main screen. Click on Lesson One and enjoy learning your language!
Next time when you sign in to Rosetta Stone and launch the service, click on the Continue link on the main screen to carry on where you left off.
Click on the 3-line icon (≡) in the top right corner of the main screen of Rosetta Stone and select Set Preferences.
In the window that opens, click on Course Settings, which is the top tab on the left.
Select Change your course settings found under Your Course:.
Lastly, select the course you want and Apply Changes.
You are welcome to take on learning more than one language from Rosetta Stone.
Once you have selected a language to learn, you cannot switch between languages in the middle of a session.
Simply, return to the sign in screen by clicking on the Visit Rosetta Stone found above.
The Rosetta Stone App is used for both their commercial customers and for organizations with a subscription, such as libraries. To make use of the library content on the app you will need to sign-in in a way that you will be recognized as a library patron.
Here is how to do it:
1. Download the free Rosetta Stone Free App for either iOS or Android from their respective App Stores. It is called 'Learn Languages: Rosetta Stone'. The app is available for Android version 4.4 and newer, and for iOS version 9.3 and newer.
2. Wait! Don’t launch the app after it is installed – Instead, visit the Visit Rosetta Stone link posted above on the browser of your mobile device. Sign in with your library card number and PIN code, then enter your email, password & language you want to learn.
3. Tap Launch Rosetta Stone Language Lessons Version 3.
4. Your course will automatically be launched in the Rosetta Stone App.
You will need to sign in through the Visit Rosetta Stone link posted above when you want to carry on with your lesson on a another day.
Get in touch with the ORL:
Visit your nearest library branch.
Email email@example.com, in your email, please include: