Assistant Community Librarian
Auxiliary/On-Call (no guaranteed hours)
The Okanagan Regional Library has a vacancy for auxiliary/on-call a Assistant Community Librarian at our Summerland Branch. On-call staff work on an “as needed” basis, often covering for the absences of regularly scheduled staff.
Education Grade 12 or equivalent
1. Basic knowledge of library procedures and services.
2. Basic knowledge of children’s literature
3. Good oral and written communication skills
4. Demonstrated knowledge of Internet
5. Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Word & Excel
6. Demonstrated knowledge of e-Readers and other electronic tools
7. Good organizational skills, with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
8. Aptitude for detailed work.
9. Demonstrated ability to communicate with initiative, courtesy, tact and interest with staff and all sectors of the public.
10. Physical ability to handle book bins, boxes of books and loaded book trucks
11. Basic knowledge of cash procedures
12. Keyboarding speed minimum 35 wpm
13. Commitment to continuous learning.
Please visit our website for more information and to view the job description for current job requirements and position details.
Please quote Competitions #21-106. Will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization; however, only short listed applicants will be contacted.
No categories have been created yet.
Personal information collected is used in accordance with the provincial Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The ORL is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. As the ORL is responsible for the well-being of its customers, a criminal record check is a condition of employment. Disclosure of a criminal record may preclude you from employment with the ORL.